Alpha Patch 3.12.0 has been released to the PTU and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.12.0-PTU.6673801.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.
Database Reset: YES
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
Pledge Copy: Enabled
Starting aUEC: 15,000,000
Please monitor sc-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
- Esperia Talon
- Reputation – T1
- Space Station Refining
- Space Station Refinery Decks
- Planetary Visual Improvements
- Restricted Area rework
- Lagrange Point Spacescaping updates
- Elevator Panel Updates
- Multi Tool Tractor Beam
- Ship Entry Identification
- Mining UI Refactor
- Gemini A03 Sniper Rifle
- Behring FS-9 LMG
- Players can load into the game missing multiple items
- Select CRU series station external elevators are missing (CRU-L1 and CRU-L5)
- Completed Refinery orders cannot be sent to ships, UI information is missing preventing the storing and cancellation of orders.
- The shopkeepers of both Live Fire Weapons and Garrity Defense are stood away from their desks
- Visiting location from fresh boot will cause player to spawn on / below the surface
- Ships are unable to be restocked
- Being arrested with both utility slots occupied causes the player to respawn in prison with a broken multi-tool.
- Visor Comm will become squished
Space Station Refinery Decks
Dedicated areas in Rest Stops that allow players to sell unrefined minerals, drop off mined materials to be refined, and buy or rent new mining equipment and ships.
- Kiosks have been placed in the Refining decks that allow players to take their raw mixed mining ore that they mined in their ship and refine it. The player can use these kiosks to create multiple refining jobs which are persistent and complete over a period of time, based on quantity and complexity and create refined ore that is more valuable than unrefined.
- There are different kinds of refining processes which produce different percentage yields depending on the type of resource being refined.
- Additionally, different refineries may have different proficiencies. Once one or multiple jobs are completed, the player can collect the refined materials into a ship with cargo capability and sell as a good at a commodity kiosk, with most goods sell-able at major city ports.
- Now that we have a specific location where refining takes place in the verse, most mineable transactions have been moved there. You can still sell unrefined ore at these locations, or choose to refine them. Levski will also purchase unrefined materials
Spacescaping Stanton: Lagrange point updates
Updating all extra-planetary lagrange point locations in the PU with improved visuals and first Gascloud implementation.
Reputation – T1
This system will introduce the first foundational system of reputation added to the game to track a player’s relationship with various entities, such as important NPCs and Organizations. This reputation is now stored in long term persistence so that it will remain through database wipes and character resets. Currently, reputation levels with an NPC or Organization are only seen through different dialogs or access to higher paying missions. We are working to add functionality to improve player visibility of reputation in a future update.
Mission Giver Reputation: All mission givers except Ruto (due to tech requirements for him being a hologram) have been updated to use the new reputation system. Doing missions for a Mission Giver will cause you to gain and lose reputation with them. They should react appropriately, playing different lines of dialogue based on your performance. If you fail too much they will fire you, and refuse to give you missions for 24 hours. The amount needed to fail and be fired is currently hyper generous and will likely be adjusted as we continue iterating on reputation.
Bounty and Assassination Missions: Many of the Bounty and Assassination mission chains have been updated to use the new Reputation System. In doing this restructure, Bounty missions were split into being given by 3 separate Organizations, each with their own reputation, all presided over by a parent Bounty Hunters Guild. As you increase your reputation with the Bounty Hunters Guild and its children, you will unlock Certification missions. If you complete the Certification Mission you will unlock a new tier of higher difficulty, higher payout Bounty Hunter missions, and if you have high enough reputation with any of the children Organizations they will offer missions from that tier to you. Also, if you watch your wallet when you complete bounty missions, you’ll notice that some organizations will include a little something extra if you are at a high reputation with them. This is the first of many “Perks” we intend to include. Assassination missions have all of the above, but there is only one Organization for them, a one man operation run by a guy named Vaughn.
Weapon Zeroing – T0
This system provides the player with a way to change the zeroing on their weapon sights. This allows shots at further distances without having to alter aim to account for bullet drop. While in ADS, a player can manually or automatically change a the zeroing range on their scope. Aiming down sight will show the current zeroing setting as well as a distance finder at your cross hair for scopes that support this (max distance varies by scope). You can set your weapon zeroing manually or to the distance finder amount by pressing “page up” and reset zeroing to 0m by pressing “page down”.
Multi Tool – Tractor Beam Implementation – T0
Initial implementation of a Tractor Beam Device that attaches onto a Multi Tool that allows a player to control an object at a small distance without physical contact. Its primary use is that of quickly and remotely moving smaller cargo and other physics based objects in gravity and zero-g, and in zero-g if tethering to large objects (asteroids, space stations, ships) can be used as a “grapple hook” to pull the player towards it. This includes a tractor beam UI that displays Force and Distance Gauge as well as indications if the tether is close to breaking. Players can rotate a tethered item by holding “R” and moving the mouse cursor. Players can get the new tractor beam attachment and the multi-tool at the new Refinery Decks or in various shops in the PU.
Ship Entry Identification
This feature adds dynamic AR markers onto a player’s display when in close proximity to your vehicle to aid in entry. These contextually change depending on whether the vehicle is landed or in space to only show valid entry methods. This feature is on by default but has the option to disable in the settings.
Ship thrusters now create wind volumes when in use that will interact and blow away physics based objects, ships, and players
Ships and Vehicles
- New Ship: Esperia Talon
- New Ship: Esperia Talon Shrike
Weapons and Items
New FPS Weapon: Gemini A03 Sniper Rifle
A versatile, semi-auto sniper rifle with the ability to fire quickly at the cost of accuracy. This weapon has an integrated scope and attachment points on the Barrel and Underbarrel. Players can currently buy this in game at Skutters in Grim HEX.
New FPS Weapon: Behring FS-9 LMG
Behring designed the FS-9 to be an overwhelming battlefield force. This light machine gun features a full auto mode that makes it ideal for laying down covering fire or holding back advancing enemies. The FS-9 is also acclaimed for its ability to maintain accuracy while unleashing sustained fire. Players can currently buy this in game at Skutters in Grim HEX.
Ships and Vehicles
- Increased the hydrogen fuel tank size on the Nomad
- Increased the hydrogen fuel tank size on Mercury Star Runner
- Brought Mercury Star Runner hull strength more in line with ships in its class
- Reduced verbosity of some ship computer notifications
- Increased gloss amount on Hammerhead hull
Weapons and Items
- Balance pass on all LMG FPS weapon damage, recoil, and bullet spread
- Major Bug Fixes
- Pitch Ladder should no longer display while sitting in non-pilot seats.
- Fixed an issue that was causing ship canopys to open and close without user input.
- Fixed an issue where decoupled space brake caused the velocity vector to change.
- Weapon SFX should now play correctly when vehicle weapons are fired.
- Ships landed at New Babbage and Lorville should now be able to be stored.
- Fixed an issue that could cause rest stop elevators to duplicate, making them inaccessible.
- Nightrunner Star Runner paint should now correctly change the color of the cockpit glass.
- Characters hands will no longer turn their flight stick/wheel in the opposite direction to the input being provided.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapons to twitch and move on a player when switching to 3rd person camera.
- Weather VFX should no longer be seen on visor when the player goes up the amphitheater stairs in New Babbage.
- Fixed an issue causing the Animus Missile Launcher to not let players equip a fresh magazine once the currently attached one was used.
- Nomad self destruct audio will no longer stop prematurely when self destructing the ship.
- Fixed an issue causing windows and glass displays in Lorville to become blurry when the player is very close to them.
- Fixed multiple missing building geometry assets while in transit to city gates in Lorville.
- Fixed an issue causing rock geometry to visually disappear when player is facing certain directions around GrimHEX.
- Fixed several areas around the edges of Medium sized Hangars in GrimHEX that were missing Breathable Atmosphere.
- Fixed a section of missing railing in the New Babbage Skybridge.
- Ships landed at Platinum Bay landing pads should no longer display their location as UNINITIALIZED on Vehicle waypoint.
- Fixed an issue causing some deadzone settings to not save properly.
- Increased size of text boxes on commodity kiosks to fix large numbers overlapping.
- The Pirate Gladius variant should no longer be missing the Comms Menu on all it’s MFD Screens.
- Fixed an issue that caused liquid to not appear in drinks in the PU.
- Players should now see the correct cost when expediting a Nomad insurance claim
- Fixed an issue that was causing players to sometimes be unable to see all or some party member markers
- Players should now be able to access the main screen on the Fine Terminals when clicking onto the “Login As User” button
- Fixed an issue causing Arena Commander and Star Marine matches to not cycle to the next game at the end of a match
- Fixed 6 Client crashes
- Fixed 5 Server crashes
Sources and Credits
- Patch Notes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/190048/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-12-0-ptu-6673801-patch-notes
- Photo source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/kboh8j/tevarin_talon_by_esperia_312_ptu_3440x1440/
- Photo credit: https://www.reddit.com/user/brett_dunsmore/