A slow news week for Star Citizen. We got a few early glimpses of the “final” ship UI iterations and the upcoming power management system for ships during this week’s episode of Inside Star Citizen. We also got a few sneak peaks/teasers for the Intergalactic Aerospace Expo 2950.
3.11.x Q3+ 2020
The highly anticipated Crusader Industries Mercury Star Runner is in polishing this week. Could we see it during or before IAE 2950 starting on November 20th? Maybe.
3.12.0 Q4 2020
We have plenty of action for the final quarterly update of the year. Let’s dive right in.
- AI Intercepting Torpedoes is a new card this week. It’s 100% complete and in polishing. This allows Ship AI to intercept and shoot down incoming torpedoes.
- AI Fire Mode Usage and Targeting is a new card this week. It’s also 100% complete. This card represents the ability for, once again, Ship AI to determine target priorities for each turret based on each particular turret’s effectiveness against targets. It also lets ship AI manage rates of fire and firing modes such as burst fire.
- AI Accuracy Convergence is another new card this week and it’s also 100% complete. This card represents the Ship/Turret AI accuracy changing to a convergence-based system which will make for more believable accuracy.
- Capital Ship Combat Behavior is another new card this week and it’s also at 100% complete. This card represents an ability for the AI to use capital ships.
- Law System v2: Surrender was removed from the 3.12.0 roadmap. Removal cites needing more work on visual and audio feedback.
- Mining UI Refactor is a new card. It comes to us at 67% completed. It sits at 4 of 6 tasks completed. This card is a refactor of the Mining UI to make it more effective at displaying information and more information than the current mining UI is able to.
- Counter Measures v1.1 is a new card and it comes to us 100% complete. This is an adjustment to missile countermeasure gameplay. There will be more of an importance in how many countermeasures are deployed. Players will have the ability to choose how many countermeasures are fired with each burst. Different missiles will have varying degrees of resiliency to countermeasures.
- Torpedo Attack, Counter-Balance and Behavior is a new card and comes to us 100% complete. This is a rebalance of Size 9 Torpedoes. They will be more lethal but slower.
- Capital Ships, Turrets and Torpedoes VFX/SFX Improvements is a new card which comes to the roadmap at 100% complete. This card represents a series of improvements to turret firing, missile trails, torpedo visual and sound effects, and general improvements to basically enhance the look and feel of combat against and destruction of capital ships.
- Station-based Refining went up by 6% bringing it to 89% complete. It sits at 62 of 70 tasks completed. This week we saw 5 tasks completed.
- The Grin Multi-Tool Tractor Beam Attachments dropped by 3% and now sits at 40% complete. It sits at 10 of 25 tasks completed. This week we saw 3 tasks completed and 11 tasks added.
- Elevator Panel Updates went up by 28% and now sits at 57% complete. It sits at 8 of 14 tasks completed. This week we saw 4 tasks completed.
- The Esperia Talon series dropped by 10% bringing it to 52%. It currently sits at 23 of 44 tasks completed. We saw 5 tasks completed and 15 tasks added this week.
- The Behring FS-9 LMG increased by 20% bringing it to 20% complete. It sits at 1 of 5 tasks completed. We saw 1 task completed this week.
- The Gemini A03 Sniper Rifle increased by 33% this week bringing it to 33% complete. It sits at 2 of 6 tasks completed. This week we saw 2 tasks completed.
Sources and credits
- Star Citizen Roadmap Roundup for October 30th, 2020
- Photo credit
- Photo source
- Special thanks to odysseus1992 and Snakem for the unofficial roadmap infographic!
- Star Citizen Monthly Report: September 2020