Alpha Patch 3.11.0 has been released to the PTU, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.11.0-PTU.6156962.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.
Database Reset: YES
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
Starting aUEC: 15,000,000
Pledge Copy: Disabled
Please monitor sc-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
- New Cargo Decks
- New Space Station layouts
- BEHR BR2 Shotgun
- BEHR Grenade Launcher
- Front End Refactor
- Exterior Space Station Green Zone Removal
- Player and External Inventory Interactions
- Throw T1
- Force Reactions T1
- Missile and Countermeasure QOL Improvements
- Deadlocks may be likely
- CPU usage can reach 100% while just idling in game (please let us know if this is happening in the regression)
- Mission givers are leaving their designated areas / wandering from their posts
- Character can be two different skin tones and not the gender the player picked
- NPCs walking around the exterior of the CBD are not posing correctly
- Ships landed at Lorville cannot be stored
- HUD elements for enemy ships are massively offset at ultrawide resolutions causing them to be invisible to the player
- Ship NavMarkers and Target Highlight can become detached from Ships when Pitching Up and Down and traveling forwards
- The Player Can Spawn in a Dead State unable to interact or Respawn
- The Mantis Snare will not prevent the other player from completing their QT (Short Range QT)
- Turrets don’t always open fire after respawning
- Purchasing OxyPens or MedPens from the shelf will not place the item in the player’s inventory
- Players are timed out of using a Kiosk or an ASOP terminal after 1 minute when interacting with it
- Commodities kiosks at Grim HEX and Lorville don’t let the user select commodities to sell.
- Specific sentry turrets take no damage against missiles & torpedos
- Global Chat text is not always displayed in mobiGlas or visor
- No charges are given to a player that rams and destroys another ship with players
- Pilot of a ship containing a passenger will be charged with Negligent Homicide if their ship is rammed and destroyed by another player
- Ramming and destroying another player with a ship does not generate a crime
- Various tables and chairs around Promenade and Commons have template chairs and replaceme texture
- Some ships and vehicles can be left in a broken state after spawning
- Ships can be displayed as ‘unknown’ after destruction and be available to spawn again, but will not appear on their specified landing pad.
Updated character creator to use new head designs
Added Space Station Cargo Decks
Cargo Decks are facilities within Rest Stops where players can handle all their cargo needs. From dropping off and picking up, buying new cargo equipment, and taking on cargo-related missions.
Weapons and Items
New FPS Weapon – BEHR Grenade Launcher
Enemies will either scatter or splatter when you turn the GP-33 “MOD” in their direction. This military-grade launcher fires 40mm grenades to clear rooms and flush out enemies behind cover. Those that don’t immediately flee will feel the pain, as Behring’s precision design also includes a feature that primes each grenade to explode on impact. Attachments: Optics (S1), Underbarrel (S1).
New FPS Weapon – BEHR BR2 Shotgun
Originally designed for the military, Behring decided to sell the BR-2 ballistic shotgun to the general public after the initial weapon testers kept requesting to take one home. Featuring a semi-auto fire mode that can rapidly deliver devastating stopping power, the BR-2 is the ideal choice for both offensive and defensive operations. Attachments: Optics (S1), Barrel (S3), Underbarrel (S2).
Ground Cover Buoyancy
Seaweeds and other ground cover elements on water will simulate buoyancy, floating and reacting realistically to water waves to further enhance the visuals of water on planets.
Repainting Existing Planets and Moons
Utilising the new planetary painting tools we’ve gone through all planets and moons in the Stanton System and repainted the ground surfaces and object presets. This also futureproofs ourselves and allows us to take advantage of new tech in legacy locations.
Updated Ground Texture and Geology
Updating and expanding our current terrain texture library by adding scanned data. On a per object basis we are now able to support HW tessellation displacement on geology distributed across terrain to give it a more organic appearance.
Added Hurston material variant for the Hurston Outpost exteriors.
Front End Refactor
Updating to the Front End UI to use the building blocks system. Adding options to the friends list to pin to the side of the screen and button to remove all notifications.
Prison Commissary Vending Machine updates
Commissary Vending machines in prisons updated to use merits to purchase items.
Exterior Space Station Green Zone Removal
The initial introduction of the relaxation of Green Zones will be removing the armistice zone around the exterior of Rest Stops. This update will allow players to fire ship weapons around Rest Stop exteriors and comes with many updates to the law system and station defenses to help accommodate this.
Destructible defenses of a few sizes and varieties have been added on and around the rest stops. These range from the small S4 turrets (now destructible) placed on landing pads, through S6 sentries seen in the Claim Jumpers missions, to ALL new S10 turrets on and around the perimeter of the stations. Once destroyed, these currently respawn after 5 minutes (subject to balancing), but in future we aim improve this simplistic system. We have created a Security Response system which while still quite simplistic, adds the CrimeStats of all players in the area (we’re calling this internally the “heat”) and spawns security ships of increasing number and strength in response. The system responds quickly to increases in an area’s heat by spawning in new ships and despawning out any weaker ships they replace. The system responds slower to the killing of its own members (should the heat not be raised by this) and slower still to decreases in heat (to keep security patrolling for a time to ensure the threat doesn’t return any time soon). We will develop this system further in the future to also take into account the type of ship the players are using. A new infraction has been created called the Armistice Violation. This is a felony and is given should players damage other ships or station defenses within the Armistice Zone. It does have a grace period and allowance in which the player is warned that further infractions will result in a felony. For it the first implementation, this new infraction will only remain active on the player’s criminal record of 1 day. Should the player enter the Armistice zone while having a CrimeStat or gain a CrimeStat whilst within the zone, they will be shown a warning telling them to leave immediately.
Players attacked by any NPC or player valid to arrest them should have a start/reset arrest timer started on them. If the player then dies by any means whilst this timer is active, they will be arrested. This timer is ended should the player manage to quantum travel, and will be between one and three minutes, extended by level of engagement with the NPC. This is to get around the unfairness of being arrested simply because an actor valid to arrest you is nearby as now that actor would have had to have attacked you recently. Players are now briefly offered the option to press charges/forgive on crimes committed against them. This is defaulted to press charges for crime committed by non-party members and defaulted to forgive for party members should the notification be ignored. We have converted the indirect killing of players from homicide to the lesser crime of manslaughter in some cases. This includes crushing players with a vehicle, killing via triggering an explosion such as an explosive barrel or a ship-self-destruct. We have also made it manslaughter for every kill aboard a ship other than the pilot. Locking a missile on a ship will now count as hostility and allow that ship to attack you in self-defense. It will cause AI to attack and trigger an “Assaulting an Officer of the Law” infraction if done to law enforcement. Quantum snaring now only gives the player an infraction should they snare a ship and it will give one for every ship snared. Quantum dampening an actor the player has the right to arrest should no longer be a crime. Players should no longer be able to avoid security scans by getting out of their seat. We have fixed several ATC/pad loitering and impounding bugs to ensure the experience is more reliable and consistent. Pad ramming will now be ignored as a crime if committed by a party member. This is mainly to not punish party members for small bumps along the way. You’ll still be able to give a party member a crime stat if the pad ramming is so severe it ends with your death or ship destruction.
Player and External Inventory Interaction T0
Visually manage food, drink, mined rocks and harvested items stored in your personal inventory, moving them between your backpack and suit pockets and any external storage devices (such as the cargo access on certain vehicles). This adds context menus to items by using right click that will allow players to drop and split stacks of items. Players can now interact with the back cargo hold of the Greycat ROC to access its storage and transfer gems between it and the player’s inventory.
Improvements to grenade throwing to make it more accurate and reliable, as well as expanding the throwing mechanic to accommodate other objects in the world. Added option to throw items overhand (left click) or underhand (right click) as well as holding the corresponding button to prime the grenade before throwing by letting go of the button. We have also added an AR trajectory display when throwing grenades and other objects.
Force Reactions T1
Using the physics system, visible reactions are systemically triggered for Players and NPCs when punched, shot, and caught in explosions. Actors are made to lean when experiencing strong winds, or the G-forces of an accelerating ship, with extreme shifts in wind and ship velocity knocking actors down.
Updated Space Station interior layouts
Space Station interiors have been adjusted to help players find their way around them. You can use the interior elevators to access multiple levels of the station including the Hangars & Habs, Commons area, and the new Cargo Decks.
Missile and Countermeasure QOL improvements
We have made some changes to missiles and countermeasures aimed to improve and stabilize their use.
Missiles will react to all countermeasures again. Missiles will lose the lock during the locking process if the pilot does not keep the target in the locking cone. Missiles do not have perfect target knowledge anymore. Fixed missile selection keybinds. Added missile selection HUD widget. Players can select which missiles they launch by cycling, which is shown on the HUD (currently unbound, but bindable in keybinds menu). Players can only simultaneously lock missiles of the same type if equipped to multiple racks, with 4 max. We have added a minimum distance a player can be at when acquiring a lock on another target with missiles and torpedos. This starts at S1 – 1000m, S2 – 1500m, S3 – 2000m, and S4 – 2500m. Size 5+ torpedos use a different method and have a slower release, as these are Torpedos, and all are set to a minimum of 1000 meters. There is now a UI indication for in and out of lock range along with the HUD showing the ranges if the target is out of range. A lock will be lost if the locked target goes under minimum range.
For countermeasures, players can now either launch or deploy, what we are tentatively calling, decoys or noise fields. A decoy is a projectile that emits a very strong signal to spoof missiles (works on all seekers). A noise field is a limited jamming space which affects all kinds of sensor readouts (including the launching ship if contained in the field). Removed seeker specific countermeasure handling. Replaced countermeasure keybinds. Updated VFX for countermeasures to the new effects system. Added countermeasure ammo counter to HUD. Extended missile warning HUD widgets with shortest time to impact display for each incoming seeker type. Slightly rebalanced all countermeasures so big ships, like the Carrack, have less ammo per launcher but heavier countermeasure projectiles with longer effects.
Acquiring a missile lock on a target is now considered a hostile action against AI and other Players allowing them to attack the person locking them without being the aggressor.
- Added option to default select relative mouse mode in turrets
- Added option to enable/disable ship crosshair animations.
- Ship AR marker will now display the landing pad your ship is on.
- Added Greycat ROC to be purchasable in a ship store in the PU
Ships and Vehicles
Increased the Constellation thrusters in atmosphere to help with angular rotation and slightly reduced its linear drag for a small acceleration increase.
- Increased max button limit for joysticks/controllers from 50 to 128.
- Right Mouse Button (and equivalent for PIT for back/exit on controller and flightstick) should cancel and close Quick Select Wheels.
Major Bug Fixes
- Mining nodes should no longer change composition if a player scans it, leaves the area, and returns.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to sell Commodities and Mineable resources at any distance while the ship was occupied by another player.
- Diamond icons should no longer remain displayed after surface deposits have been mined.
- Fixed missing geometry inside the Pirate Caterpillar near the upper catwalk doors that was allowing players to fall through.
- Changing arm armor should no longer cause the mobiGlas UI to disappear.
- Players should no longer fall over and ragdoll when entering gravity from EVA for the first time after spawning.
- Space Station ASOP terminals should now correctly show the landing pad the ship is spawned on when looking at the location column.
- Carrack should no longer be missing SDFs on the nose of the ship.
- Players should no longer be Launched when Entering/Exiting EVA or end up in an unresponsive state when their client is running at very low FPS.
- Players should no longer tilt suddenly when Exiting EVA into a Ship if the Ship has Rotated.
- Players should now teleport into the spaceport instead of a hangar after the ship they are in is impounded on a pad.
- The elevator pillars in underground facilities should now have collision.
- Grim HEX clothing shopkeeper should now be in his correct usable position.
- Placeholder text should no longer be present when accessing the Anvil ships and components via mobiGlas in VMA menu.
- Player should no longer take damage or fall out of a turret in the Constellations if they exit the lower turrets whilst attempting to move forward.
- There should no longer be a piece of geometry clipping through the floor and elevator interior at the pad arrival area at HUR-L3.
- Right-clicking on a player in your contact list near the bottom of the screen in mobiGlas will no longer cut off the drop down UI.
- Players should no longer A-Pose when interacting with the standing engineering stations in the Hammerhead, Retaliator, or Vanguard.
- The New Babbage Hangar labeled number 16 from the Outside should now show the correct hangar number.
- Fixed gaps in the walls near the Grim Hex hangar elevators where players can see out of the game world.
- Fixed missing ground collision on the plant displays and waterfall walls around Wally’s bar in New Babbage.
- Origin m50 should no longer pitch down on takeoff.
- Drake Caterpillar should no longer pitch upwards while taking off from landings.
- Aegis Sabre should no longer pitch downwards while taking off from landing pads.
- MISC Reliant series should no longer pitch upwards on takeoff.
- The front of the Prowler should no longer pitch upwards when flying through Atmosphere.
- Players should now correctly drop their weapons when being killed by a take down melee attack.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player colliding with transit platform sign in New Babbage fall through the ground.
- Atmospheric entry VFX should now cover both arms of the Banu Defender.
- Lorville glass windows should no longer become excessively blurry while looking through them when close up.
- ARGO Mole spacebrake should no longer play an excessively loud noise when used.
- Fixed outpost airlock doors not having collision from the outside which allowed players to run through them.
- Waste Disposal mission boxes should no longer fall through the floor upon arriving in the general vicinity of outposts.
- Claimjumper missions should now progress further once the player arrives at the mining claim.
- MISC Reliant should now correctly cover its turrets.
- AEGS Retaliator shields should now cover the lower thrusters.
- BANU Defender shields should now cover the exterior door.
- Chaff and Flare VFX should now correctly display on all ships when in used.
- The intractable items such as cups, magazines, and teddy’s should no longer be missing from habs.
- Back button on the trading app should now go back to the correct screen if the cursor has not been moved from previous clicks.
- Multi-Tool should now be stored in LTP correctly and persist between resets.
- Attempting to sell loose commodity boxes should no longer display “Insufficient Stock” at kiosks.
- Combat AI should no longer sometimes get stuck in a standing combat state after being killed in The Price of Freedom mission.
- The VMA should now properly update the count for mining consumables when equipped to multiple ships.
- Ship cameras should no longer be off position so players calling a pilot should now see the player in the pilot seat.
- Fixed 5 Client crashes
- Fixed 7 Server crashes
Sources and Credits
- Patch Notes: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/190048/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-11-0-ptu-6156962-patch-notes
- Photo credit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Gattsu89/
- Photo source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/j243py/i_think_that_aberdeen_doesnt_have_too_pure_air/