Alpha Patch 3.10.0e has been released to Evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.10.0-PTU.5474918.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.
Database Reset: NO
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
The current build is under NDA
Please monitor etf-megachat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
- Ship flight in and out of atmosphere
- Updated building blocks ship UI for all flyable ships.
- High speed combat changes
- Turret gameplay
- Origin M50 Improvements
- Electron FPS Weapons and Electron Damage
- Body Dragging
- [EPILEPSY WARNING] The Players screen can appear to flip rapidly whilst QTing to Surface Locations.
- Player has a chance to die when spawning into PU
- There is no atmosphere in Port Olisar’s Casaba Outlet / Garrity Defense / Live Fire Weapons shops
- Client will crash when attempting to charge an EMP within a ship
- The Area18 nav marker will appear at the central plaza, not the spaceport.
- All map markers are offset from planet surfaces
- Proximity chat audio is very quiet and low quality
- Legally landed ships may be impounded
- Both Shubin Processing Facility SPMC-14 and SPMC-3 on Calliope are missing QT Markers
- AI NPCs will stand on seats in various locations
- Multi-Tool in Klescher Prison Commissary does not come with a OreBit mining attachment
- If the player exits to menu/disconnects/crashes during the prison load screen transition their load-out will not be changed
- Player may get stuck on a loading screen when leaving prison or respawning
- Player may get stuck on a prison loading screen if sent back to prison a second time without clearing their crime stat
- When going into ADS and crouching / prone you will be unable to see through the optics scope on the Arrowhead or P6-LR
- Ship targets appear when the user flight readies in 3rd person view
- Freelook does not always work properly in turrets
- Turrets ignore power setting
- Players may fall out of turrets and clip through geometry when exiting them with the female model (Workaround: Avoid choosing the female model for now)
- Clicking on an empty space in the personal commodity inventory will cause the client to crash
- Turret projectiles and fixed weapon fire is slightly desynced so hits may appear to not register but do
- Gyro mode does not work on certain “underside” turrets
- Exiting a remote turret from the pilot seat will activate freelook for the pilot. Press Z to deactivate freelook to continue normally
- Player will be unable to control the movement of Super Hornet using mouse Controls after Exiting the Remote Turret using Interaction Mode
- We have added the initial functionality to allow players to interact with dead and unconscious characters, and move them. Whilst an actor is dragging they can equip, use and holster 1-handed weapons, i.e. pistols and knives (the dragging character holds onto the victim with their left hand, leaving the right hand free).
- Electron is a new damage type that consists of energy, distortion, and stun. When a target is hit with electron they become charged and if the target receives a secondary hit while charged it will create an electron detonation that can chain to nearby targets. The size of this detonation is dependent on the initial and subsequent damage values on the target.
- Doubled the distance the player will receive a restricted area warning alert at Area18.
- Added yaw and pitch icons to the new turret HUD.
- UI Visual pass for turret 3d heading and pitch tapes.
- Greatly increased the reward payouts for doing Twitch Pacheco missions.
- ECN, Bounty Hunter, and Escort mission rewards should now scale better based on difficulty.
Ships and Vehicles
ORIGIN Jumpworks M50 Improvements
- Updates to the ORIGIN M50 to improve the player experience. This includes making the landing gear compressible, updates to bring it to the new damage system, cockpit improvements, and updating UI metrics.
Weapons and Items
- Increased overheat threshold for Size 5-9 Behring M7A Laser Cannons.
- Players should no longer get 30020 errors or infinite load screens when joining the PU.
- New Babbage hangars 01 – 15, 17 and 20 should now be accessible again via the spaceport elevators.
- The Pitch Ladder on the Ship UI should now correctly conform to the horizon.
- Fixed Various ships having placeholder UI warnings on power up that persists until another warning replaces it.
- Restricted areas around Lorville should now function properly.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly allowed size 2 barrel attachments to be able to be attached to the Gemini C54 SMG.
- Reliant and MPUV ship variants should now correctly use the new building blocks UI.
- Banner popup should now correctly display to let players know they have been added to contacts or have pending friend request.
- Turrets at underground facilities should now correctly fire upon players who attack them.
- Destroyed turret models found near Lawful and Unlawful UGFs should now visibly break down after playing the explosion animation.
- Barrel attachments for the Coda Ballistic Pistol should no longer float and be detached from the gun.
- Fixed an issue that was causing NPCs to lack collision and not be able to be shot when in a different physics grid.
- There should no longer be visarea issues when looking at the Area18 Cubby Blast door at certain angles.
- Selecting ‘Place’ and placing a knife should now place it flat on the ground instead of standing upright on its handle.
- Fixed 3 Client crashes
- Fixed 1 Server crashes
- Star Citizen Leaks – discord.gg/scleaks
- Photo Credit: u/shadyfanteck (https://www.reddit.com/user/shadyfanteck/)