• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Yuka
    Keymaster
    Up
    Down
    ::

UPDATE:  This loadout has been updated for 3.11.0.  See the new loadout here: https://www.thelonegamers.com/community/topic/anvil-gladius-3-11-0-loadout/ OR a working distortion loadout: https://www.thelonegamers.com/community/topic/aegis-gladius-3-11-0-distortion-loadout/

https://www.erkul.games/calculator;loadout=QfaRUh2W

This is what I’ve been running with decent luck in PvE and PvP.  I’ll admit I’m not great at PvP but I seem to fair pretty well with this in general use.

Weapons

• 3xS3 Mantis GT-220 (Fixed)
    • 16xS1 Spark I CS Missiles

Systems

• 2x FR-66 Shields
    • Atlas QD
    • JS-300
    • 2x Glacier

Stats

• 1,440 Gun DPS (86 alpha damage)
    • 46,784 Missile Damage
    • 12,240 Shield Hit points
    • 612 Shield HP recharge/second

Overall, a decent “bread and butter” fitting for the Gladius.

I choose ballistic repeaters because this ship will get in close and do massive amounts of damage.  Overclocking them only increases the build’s DPS by increasing rate of fire.  You’ll go through ammo faster but also chew through enemy ships faster.  Overclocking will also allow you to break stronger shield tanks on top of ballistic penetration.

I go with the 16xS1 Spark I missiles for two reasons:  Size 1 allows you to carry more potential damage on your hardpoints than you could with larger missiles.  Sure they have a shorter range but you’ll be in close anyway so the shorter targeting range won’t be a problem.  The Gladius shines at close range.  Spark I are also cross section which currently have no technical countermeasures.  The only way to avoid cross section missiles are physically dodging them and a bit of luck.  Until cross section decoy countermeasures are in Star Citizen, I will always prefer cross section missiles.

I chose the 2x FR-66 over a mix between the FR-66 and the Palisade as the Palisade drops the shield recharge to 477/second while only increasing the Shield hit points to 14,040 which didn’t seem worth it to me since the Gladius is a ship which gets in close and will likely always be taking hits but at short intervals.

I always use an Atlas in my small ship builds as it is a nice balance between speed and fuel economy.  Should I launch this craft from a carrier in the future I’ll opt for a military-class quantum drive for more speed.

I go with the JS series for any combat craft due to lower EM/IR emissions and much lower power draw request time (less than half that of the Breton in this case).

The coolers are honestly a toss up for me.  I do prefer the military grade A cooler due to less EM/IR.  The industrial Ultra Flow offers better power on request time but you usually don’t power off your coolers once they have been powered on.  The Ultra Flow could be used in cases for redundancy or extreme overclocking in the future.. the Glacier handles a complete overclock right now on the Gladius without a problem in 3.10.2, though.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Yuka.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Yuka.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘3.10.2 Ship Fittings’ is closed to new topics and replies.