Star Citizen Patch 3.12.0
Alpha Patch 3.12.0 has been released to Evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.12.0-PTU.6599166.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.
Database Reset: YES
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
Pledge Copy: Disabled
Starting aUEC: 15,000,000
The current build is under NDA
Please monitor etf-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
USER.cfg settings: r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
- Space Station Refinery Decks
- Planetary Visual Improvements
- Restricted Area rework
- Lagrange Point Spacescaping updates
- Elevator Panel Updates
- Multi Tool Tractor Beam (purchasable in locations like Area18 Cubby Blast but shows as “placeholder” for now on the terminal)
- Ship Entry Identification
- Mining UI Refactor
- Player becomes stuck and unable to suicide getting into / out of vehicle’s which use a ladder to enter/ Exit
- Multi Tool Tractor Beam attachment shows as “Placeholder” in shop terminals
- Players are unable to land or take off in some ships due to auto pilot taking over at Lorville
- All Asteroids spawn as 100% inert material
- Multiple instances of social AI can be witnessed idling indefinitely
- Avenger series ships missing multiple HUD elements
- Nomad name appears as “@vehicle_NameCNOU_Nomad” on ASOP Terminals
- Player is unable to move mission cargo with the tractor beam until after they have moved the cargo once before
- Ship Entrance markers are not present until after entering ship, then entrance markers will not de-spawn
- Outposts HDMS Hahn and HDMS Perlman are floating above the planet surface
- The loadout manager for Star Marine has no options for the player to customise their loadout
- It is very difficult to QT to MIC-L1 and player will often QT to INS-Jericho instead
- Attempting to sell minerals results in a Processing screen and then a transaction failed message
Space Station Refinery Decks
- Dedicated areas in Rest Stops that allow players to drop off mined materials to be refined or buy new mining equipment.
- Spacescaping Stanton: Lagrange point updates
- Updating all extra-planetary lagrange point locations in the PU with improved visuals and first Gascloud implementation.
Multi Tool – Tractor Beam Implementation T0
- Initial implementation of a Tractor Beam Device that attaches onto a Multi Tool that allows a player to control an object at a small distance without physical contact. Its primary use is that of quickly and remotely moving smaller cargo and other physics based objects in gravity and zero-g, and in zero-g if tethering to large objects (asteroids, space stations, ships) can be used as a “grapple hook” to pull the player towards it. This includes a tractor beam UI that displays Force and Distance Gauge as well as indications if the tether is close to breaking.
- Players can rotate a tethered item by holding “R” and moving the mouse cursor.
- This feature adds dynamic AR markers onto a player’s display when in close proximity to your vehicle to aid in entry. These contextually change depending on whether the vehicle is landed or in space to only show valid entry methods.
Weapons and Items
New FPS Weapon: Behring FS-9 LMG
- Behring designed the FS-9 to be an overwhelming battlefield force. This light machine gun features a full auto mode that makes it ideal for laying down covering fire or holding back advancing enemies. The FS-9 is also acclaimed for its ability to maintain accuracy while unleashing sustained fire.
- Weapon can be purchased in game at Skutters in Grim HEX.
Stanton System Planetary Improvements
- Further improvements to planetary detail and assets which includes a detailed global painting pass with consideration to global climate data.
- We are also refining how object presets are set up, to get a more natural and believable read, as well as introducing some new assets to the biome packs.
- Updating the remaining geology assets to the organic shader to utilize the latest features.
- Improved cloud layer visuals on planets.
- Re-introducing the acidic biome for Hurston and Ariel with PlanetTechv4.
- Re-introducing the glossy/icy surfaces on Yela and Lyria.
- We are looking to showcase the above improvements for this release on the planets Hurston & microTech, as well as on the moons Cellin, Daymar, Wala,Yela, and Lyria.
Elevator Panel Updates
- Replacing the existing Utilitarian elevator panel buttons with interactive screens.
Restricted Area Rework – Area18 / Lorville
- Removal of landing splines at Area 18 Spaceport and Lorville Spaceport and updating restricted flight area around the spaceports.
Mining UI Refactor
- This update adds a brand-new user interface for all mining-capable vehicles, which will provide the player with a clearer overview
- of what they are currently experiencing, including: Mining Consumables – What you have equipped, their current state and their
- Cargo – Your cargo pods now show their contents and update in real-time as you extract materials from mineable deposits.
- Volatile Cargo – The health and estimated time that the cargo will last in your cargo pods before collapsing, and volatile cargo itself is highlighted in the UI so that you can’t miss it when you collect it.
- Flight UI – The current flight and gimble settings your ship has active are visible at all times.
- This new interface is built entirely using the new BuildingBlocks system which will allow for quicker development, iteration and testing of new features for the Mining System.
Counter Measures v1.1
- With these improvements to countermeasure gameplay, the amount of deployed countermeasures will play more of an important role in
- the chance of spoofing missiles.
- Single countermeasures will be less effective, but players will have the ability to choose how many should be fired with each burst.
- Different missiles will have varying degrees of countermeasure resilience.
- Flares have been renamed to Lures and now have different modes to control how multiple launches work including Launch burst (tap H default) or Set and Launch Burst to send out multiple (hold H default).
- You can increase and decrease the burse size (unbound by default).
- Chaff currently renamed to Haze.
- Countermeasures have also had a sound effects rework.
Torpedo Attack, Counter-Balance and Behavior
- A rebalance of the Size 9 Torpedoes. They are now much deadlier, with only a few direct hits required to bring down larger ships.
- This extra damage comes at the cost of speed.
Head Tracking Updates
- We have made a few additions, updates, and fixes to head tracking devices to help increase usability for players.
- New Features: Added a recalibration button that resets all head tracking devices internally (except TrackIR, but you can set it to the same button if desired).
- Added support for positional axes for cockpit and most other ship seats in first person.
- Added Rotation and position support for external cameras (clamped to 1m in each dimension).
- Added separate button to enable/disable head tracking on external cameras (unbound by default).
- Added head rolling for FPS and ADS (including an option to automatically turn it off).
- Added a smoothing slider and a “forward” center deadzone for Faceware.
- Actor head won’t snap from left to right if the head tracking angle is above 180 degrees.
- All mouse induce head movements will now be suppressed when head tracking is active.
- Removed the internal offset when the toggle is used (it will be using the internal device offset instead).
- Reshuffled the menu options for head tracking to make it clearer.
- Extended the available movement range in seats when headtracking is used.
- Fixed the auto recalibrate option.
Smaller ship input QOL improvements
- Moved vehicle exit actions to a delayed press. Moved vehicle eject to RALT+Y. Resorted IFCS movement actions. Fixed a couple of
- problems with smart toggle treatment. Various input quality of life improvements.
- Added axis inversions for EVA strafe axes, IFCS relative velocity limited, and IFCS relative acceleration limiter
- Added button to reset velocity limited to SCM speed
- Space brake is now an axis allowing for variable analog braking
- Added new non directional shield hit communications in the ship computers
- Added sfx ducking when Personal Inner Thought is open
Ships and Vehicles
- Increased the hydrogen fuel tank size on the Nomad
- Increased the hydrogen fuel tank size on Mercury Star Runner
- Improved Constellation Andromeda flight maneuverability and accelerations
- Reduced verbosity of some ship computer notifications
- Increased gloss amount on Hammerhead hull
Major Bug Fixes
- Pitch Ladder should no longer display while sitting in non-pilot seats.
- Fixed an issue that was causing ship canopies to open and close without user input.
- Fixed an issue where decoupled space brake caused the velocity vector to change.
- Weapon SFX should now play correctly when vehicle weapons are fired.
- Ships landed at New Babbage and Lorville should now be able to be stored.
- Fixed an issue that could cause rest stop elevators to duplicate, making them inaccessible.
- Nightrunner Star Runner paint should now correctly change the color of the cockpit glass.
- Characters hands will no longer turn their flight stick/wheel in the opposite direction to the input being provided.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapons to twitch and move on a player when switching to 3rd person camera.
- Weather VFX should no longer be seen on visor when the player goes up the amphitheater stairs in New Babbage.
- Fixed an issue causing the Animus Missile Launcher to not let players equip a fresh magazine once the currently attached one was used.
- Nomad self destruct audio will no longer stop prematurely when self destructing the ship.
- Fixed an issue causing windows and glass displays in Lorville to become blurry when the player is very close to them.
- Fixed multiple missing building geometry assets while in transit to city gates in Lorville.
- Fixed an issue causing rock geometry to visually disappear when player is facing certain directions around GrimHEX.
- Fixed several areas around the edges of Medium sized Hangars in GrimHEX that were missing Breathable Atmosphere.
- Fixed a section of missing railing in the New Babbage Skybridge.
- Ships landed at Platinum Bay landing pads should no longer display their location as UNINITIALIZED on Vehicle waypoint.
- Fixed an issue causing some deadzone settings to not save properly.
- Increased size of text boxes on commodity kiosks to fix large numbers overlapping.
- The Pirate Gladius variant should no longer be missing the Comms Menu on all it’s MFD Screens.
- Fixed 5 Client crashes
- Fixed 5 Server crashes
Sources and Credits
- Patch notes: https://pastebin.com/AQVUAQ3Q
- Photo source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/k3jqpu/freelancer_dur_exploring_lyria/
- Photo credit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Mad_kat4/