Alpha Patch 3.11.0 has been released to evocati, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.11.0-PTU.6037926.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.
Database Reset: YES
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
Starting aUEC: 15,000,000
The current build is under NDA
Please monitor etf-megachat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.
r_displaySessionInfo = 1
Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state they will be detailed on the notes and added to the “Testing Focus”. Please issue council all issues related to those in testing focus and in general gameplay.
- Front End UI Refactor
- New Cargo Decks
- New Space Station layouts
- BEHR BR2 shotgun
- Missiles/Countermeasures are undergoing a small update that isn't complete yet. More details on these changes will be added once done.
- Returning to the customiser after accepting changes will cause UI options to become unresponsive, forcing a client restart.
- After initiating quantum travel around New Babbage / microtech, the player can be ejected from their ship leaving them stranded in space
- When initiating a call with another user, the initial call ends immediately while creating a DM group
- [EPILEPSY WARNING] When hitting an asteroid with a laser, the user can be met with flashing VFX on the glowing asteroid.
- Boxes spawned around derelicts render in and out when the player is at relatively close distance
- Aparelli, centermass, and Whammers are empty in New Babbage
- The player can die when moving to the center of the tram when it's in transit
- Some ships and vehicles can be left in a broken state after spawning
- Boxes fall through the floor upon arriving in the general vicinity of outposts
- Mission does not progress further once the player arrives at the mining claim
- Tecia Pacheco does not play her dialogue lines during your first encounter following the appointment mission
- Ships can be displayed as ‘unknown' after destruction and be available to spawn again, but will not appear on their specified landing pad.
- Updated character creator with new head designs
- Added Space Station Cargo Decks
- Cargo Decks are facilities within Rest Stops where players can handle all their cargo needs. From dropping off and picking up, buying new cargo equipment, and taking on cargo-related missions.
Weapons and Items
New FPS Weapon – BEHR BR2 Shotgun
Originally designed for the military, Behring decided to sell the BR-2 ballistic shotgun to the general public after the initial weapon testers kept requesting to take one home. Featuring a semi-auto fire mode that can rapidly deliver devastating stopping power, the BR-2 is the ideal choice for both offensive and defensive operations. Attachments: Optics (S1), Barrel (S3), Underbarrel (S2)
Front End Refactor
Updating to the Front End UI to use the building blocks system. Adding options to the friends list to pin to the side of the screen and button to remove all notifications.
prison Commissary Vending Machine updates
Commissary Vending machines in prisons updated to use merits to purchase items.
Updates to the escape route to add more complex gameplay steps for players access the escape route.
Improving grenade throwing to make it more accurate and reliable, as well as expanding the throwing mechanic to accommodate other objects in the world.
Updated Space Station interior layouts
Space Station interiors have been adjusted to help players find their way around them. You can use the interior elevators to access multiple levels of the station including the hangars & Habs, Commons area, and the new Cargo Decks.
Aquiring a missile lock on a target is now considered a hostile action against ai and other Players allowing them to attack the person locking them without being the aggressor.
Added option to default select relative mouse mode in turrets.
Added Greycat ROC to be purchasable in a ship store in the PU
Increased max button limit for joysticks/controllers from 50 to 128.
Right Mouse Button (and equivalent for PIT for back/exit on controller and flightstick) should cancel and close Quick Select Wheels.
Major bug Fixes
- Mining nodes should no longer change composition if a player scans it, leaves the area, and returns.
- Diamond icons should no longer remain displayed after surface deposits have been mined.
- Fixed missing geometry inside the Pirate Caterpillar near the upper catwalk doors that was allowing players to fall through.
- Space Station ASOP terminals should now correctly show the landing pad the ship is spawned on when looking at the location column.
- Carrack should no longer be missing SDFs on the nose of the ship.
- Players should no longer be Launched when Entering/Exiting EVA or end up in an unresponsive state when their client is running at very low FPS.
- Players should no longer tilt suddenly when Exiting EVA into a Ship if the Ship has Rotated.
- Players should now teleport into the spaceport instead of a hangar after the ship they are in is impounded on a pad.
- The elevator pillars in underground facilities should now have collision.
- GrimHex clothing shopkeeper should now be in his correct usable position.
- Placeholder text should no longer be present when accessing the Anvil ships and components via mobiglas in VMA menu.
- Player should no longer take damage or fall out of a turret in the Constellations if they exit the lower turrets whilst attempting to move forward.
- There should no longer be a piece of geometry clipping through the floor and elevator interior at the pad arrival area at HUR-L3.
- Right-clicking on a player in your contact list near the bottom of the screen in mobiGlas will no longer cut off the drop down UI.
- Players should no longer A-Pose when interacting with the standing engineering stations in the hammerhead, Retaliator, or vanguard.
- The New Babbage Hangar labeled number 16 from the Outside should now show the correct hangar number.
- Fixed gaps in the walls near the grim hex hangar elevators where players can see out of the game world.
- Fixed 4 Client crashes
- Fixed 3 server crashes