3.10.0 – Q2 2020
Last week we made it to 100%. This week we made it to 3.10.0 PTU on July 15th after two more Evocati builds this week (3.10.0k and 3.10.0l). The Evocati Kilo patch was a mix of bug fixes and last-minute quality-of-life improvements and the Evocati Lima patch was all bug fixes.
PTU grinds on but has a few key issues affecting players. PTU Patch 3.10.0m was released late yesterday and appears to resolve some of the game-breaking bugs experienced with the initial 3.10.0 PTU patch. While most of these are confirmed, if you have a chance to get into the PTU please consider testing and contributing to the following issues:
STARC-121850 – Seems to be a memory leak causing the game to consume over 32 GB RAM in about 30 minutes and results in poor framerates, hitching and/or game client crashes.Appears to be resolved with 3.10.0m.
- STARC-122009 – Hangar doors are closing too quickly after take-off and landing requests.
- STARC-121943 – Assigned landing pad markers remain long after use. This causes an issue where a player may have more than one landing pad marker resulting in the player landing on the wrong pad/hangar and incurring a ship impound and fine.
- STARC-121921 – Missing landing and take-off splines results in players being unable to land or unable to land the restricted landing area.
- STARC-121998 – NPCs are unable to open doors and can block player access through smaller doors.
There are many more reported issues than the list above but those are the most game-breaking with the current status of 3.10.0’s PTU. The issue council can be accessed here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/issue-council/
3.11.0 – Q3 2020
We see some decent movement this week to 23% complete overall with the following changes totaling a 3% overall change in completion:
- Refinery Deck – 7 of 21 tasks completed this week compared to 2 of 21 last week. An increase of 19% to 33% complete. Refinery Deck also received a brand new HD image for its card on the road map! Woohoo!
- Cargo Deck – 23 of 45 tasks completed this week compared to 18 of 38 last week. Seven tasks were added. An increase of 4% to 51% complete. Cargo Deck also received a brand new HD image for its card on the road map! Woohoo!
- Improved Throw – 30 of 55 tasks completed this week compared to 28 of 53 tasks last week. Two tasks were added. An increase of 2% to 55% complete.
- Death Animation Improvements – 0 of 5 tasks completed this week compared to 0 of 4 last week. One task was added.
- Origin 100i – 19 of 30 tasks completed this week compared to 18 of 30 last week. A 3% change bringing it to 63% complete.
- Mercury Star Runner – 30 of 115 tasks completed this week compared to 9 of 99 last week. 16 tasks were added. A 17% change bringing it to 26% complete.
- Behring GP-33 Grenade Launcher – 18 of 31 tasks completed this week compared to 18 of 34 last week. Three tasks were added. A 5% change bringing it to 58% complete.
Still no movement on the much anticipated Server to Client Actor Networking Rework which should bring less desync enhancing the quality of multiplayer gameplay, especially in FPS situations.
The much anticipated Missile Operator Mode hasn’t even started. It will afford pilots the ability to choose which missile to fire. This is a much-needed boost for missile-focused ships such as the Freelancer MIS, Gladius Valiant, Vanguard Harbinger, and Anvil Gladiator and will allow them to enhance their flexibility to any situation by carrying a wide assortment of missiles and be able to choose which missile to use.
Ending on with two good notes: the space station additions (refinery and cargo decks) saw some decent movement this week. Those additions will enrich mining and cargo trading gameplay.
The Mercury Star Runner saw some solid movement as well.
Let’s hope the developers can keep up this momentum for 3.11.0!
- Roadmap Roundup July 17th, 2020: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/17690-Roadmap-Roundup-July-17th-2020
- Star Citizen Roadmap: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen
- Roadmap Infographic: odysseus1992 / Snakem
- Photo Credit: https://www.reddit.com/user/vmxeo/
- Photo Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/hqyym2/three_down_and_locked/