Star Citizen Roadmap Update November 13th, 2020
The mercury star runner is here! The Mercury Star Runner is here!
But only if you are evocati.
But yes, the Mercury Star Runner is in the ptu. Unless you are Evocati you cannot pull one but you can see one in action. If you ask nicely, perhaps an Evocati member will let you check one out in person or maybe even fly one.
3.11.1 – Q3+ 2020
The Mercury Star Runner is in polishing as it was last week but this week it is in the PTU.
3.12.0 – Q4 2020
The last quarterly patch of the year inched forward by 2% this week bringing it to 80% complete.
- stanton System Planetary Improvements is a new card this week. It comes to us at 88% complete with 22 of 25 tasks completed.
- “As part of this update we are investing in a more detailed global painting pass with consideration to global climate data. We are also refining how object presets are set up, to get a more natural and believable read, as well as introducing some new assets to the biome packs. Finally, we will be updating the remaining geology assets to the organic shader to utilize the latest features. We are looking to showcase the above improvements for this release on the planets hurston & microtech, as well as on the moons Yela, Cellin, Daymar, Wala and Lyria.“
- Reputation V1 – Reputation/Org Service is a new card this week. It comes to us at 91% complete with 31 of 34 tasks completed.
- “This system will introduce the first iteration of persistent reputation between all entities within the star citizen universe, as well as persistent npc Organizations.
- We are creating the foundation for persistent reputation between all entities within the Star Citizen universe as well as persistent NPC Organizations. With this set of tasks, all key mission givers (outside of Ruto for now due to current technical constraints), will have the ability to change their responses due to the player's mission performance. This is not only applicable to a general “positive” or “negative” greeting or farewell, but has also been extended to varying degrees of “mission completion” streaks.
- This means that if the player completes or fails multiple missions in a row, the mission givers will comment accordingly. If the player fails the mission giver's missions enough, this can even result in their temporary refusal to offer you additional missions for a period of time.
- Additionally, mission threads that have varying degrees of difficulty have been converted over to use the new system to unlock the next tier of missions. Finally, because this is now service driven, all of this reputation is persistent and can be preserved between releases.“
- station-based refining increased by 6% bringing it to 97% complete. It sits at 67 of 69 tasks completed. We saw 3 tasks completed and one task removed this week. We got a decent look at this card's aspects in this week's Inside Star Citizen: Air of Refinement.
- The grin multi-tool tractor beam attachment moves up by 15% bringing it to 69% complete. It sits at 18 of 26 tasks completed. This week we saw 4 tasks completed.
- elevator panel Updates went up by 6% bringing it to 73% complete. It now sits at 11 of 15 tasks completed. This week we saw 1 task completed.
Sources and credits
- Star Citizen Roadmap Roundup November 13th, 2020
- Special thanks to odysseus1992 and Snakem for the unofficial roadmap update infographic.
- Photo source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/jt5lcu/mercury_star_runner_6k_screenshots/
- Photo credit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Anrayan/